101 SEO Tips
Tips for effective blog writing
- Overcome procrastination, wake up and pick up the stuff.
- Blog in a distraction free environment. Switch off mobiles or turn off the monitor and type.
- Read other great blog posts.
- Take quick breaks between blogging, split time.
- Keep the mind and body fit.
- Practice meditation and exercise daily.
- Take a quick note on writing tips or ideas that flash into your mind at any time.
- Don’t be too formal, use words like you and I.
- Learn new words every day and improve your vocabulary.
- Be consistent.
- Don’t take a long break from your writing.
- Consider speech to text, as they speed up your blogging and avoids grammatical mistakes.
- Start your blog posts with stories.
- Start your blog posts with facts, questions or quotes.
- Prepare a skeletal structure (Write only main points and later expand them) of the entire blog post before writing in detail.
- Headlines are starting point of your blog posts; make sure that there are catchy.
- Blog Post titles should be always plural.
- Use personalistic or attractive strategy in introduction.
- Don’t overwrite.
- Remember that at a time that is only one reader reading your blog post so address your reader.
- Don’t be too technical jargon, use simple words.
- Write short sentences, chop long sentences to several short sentences.
- Always use active voice, avoid passive voice.
- Always use positive sentences. I could have used “Don’t use negative sentences”, but it would be negative.
- Use lists whenever possible.
- Use shorter paragraphs.
- Questions for your readers.
- Write what flashes into your mind.
- Know your audience and their mentality.
- Know the purpose of my audience visited and started reading your blog posts.
- Give a clue in your writings, and make your readers explore themselves. (My favorite)
- Be predictable, that means when the reader is reading a sentence, then he may predict the next sentence, if his predictions were true he will be happy. Never disappoint that.
- Occasionally be controversial.
- Include cool, funky words.
- Occasionally linkbait
- The images should convey abstract messages or ideas for your readers.
- Experimenting new things in your style of writing helps sometimes.
- After blog post for scanners, superficial readers.
- Swipe your smart phone keyboard when idle.
- Mention fellow bloggers or readers in your blog posts.
- Proof read articles against typos, grammatical mistakes, complexity, etc.
- If you use proofreading software, then again proofread the blog post manually.
- If your mother tongue is not English, then speak English whenever possible.
- Read newspapers, and other articles to train your brain for latest writing trends.
- Learn writing poems and other creative stuff.
- Learn writing songs, preferably rap songs, and tap the inner ideas that are buried under your brain.
SEO: SEO Tools for Beginners - Search Engine Optimization Basic Techniques - How to Rank your website (SEO Secrets - Search Engine Optimization for Dummies - SEO 2016 - Website Ranking)